(This website is currently under construction. Various pages and links are not working. Please be patient at this stage and come back soon to see the new content.)
Welcome to the website of the Scottish Infected Blood Forum. This website is about connecting and supporting people who have been infected or affected by contaminated NHS blood and blood products.
The Scottish Infected Blood Forum seeks to raise awareness and provide information about infected blood issues. We know that people who discover they have a virus often feel distressed about how it happened, concerned about how other people might react, and anxious about what it means for the future. We also know that many people do not even know they have a viral infection as a result of previous NHS treatment.
On this site you can get plain, practical and independent information on the main issues, including:
- What does it mean to have a virus?
- How are other people coping?
- What should I tell family, friends or workmates?
- Where can I go for help?
The information has been arranged under specific topics to make it easy to find what you are looking for. The main topics include:
- Understanding viral infections
- Living well despite having a virus
- The Penrose Inquiry into contaminated blood
- Sharing experiences with other affected people
- What you can do to make a difference
We hope you find this website useful. If you have any comments or want to find out more, please go to the Contact Us section.